Addiction is a hard enough to beat, dealing with withdrawals and negative psychological effects. What makes it worse is that rehab and detox services are expensive. Financing rehabilitation was difficult before, until the Affordable Healthcare Act. Now, insurance companies are now adding rehab services as part of their coverage. United Behavioral Health (UHB) is among the largest healthcare insurance companies in the US. Depending on your plan, UHB can fully or partially cover your rehab, under certain conditions. The first condition must be that the program is pre-approved. Second, the program must have a proper outline, with clear goals and all personnel accounted for. Third, the program must have constant monitoring by professionals. Visit the nearest addiction treatment center to get started.
How do I start?If you’re already a member, you need to check with UHB accredited physicians. After the physicians make a diagnosis, you can then be referred to an Addiction Specialist. Since rehab affects each person differently, your addiction specialist will decide which program will fit you best.
Inpatient vs OutpatientThere are several factors that determine whether you'll be opted into inpatient or outpatient care. For outpatient care to be considered, you need to meet the following criteria:
- Your daily activities don’t undermine your treatment.
- You don’t have physical or mental conditions that can cause complications.
- You have a low risk of using a new substance.
- There are no inpatient facilities close to your area.
Inpatient treatments are considered if any of the conditions are met:
- You have physical and mental complications due to the addiction.
- You have a condition that could be undermined by regular treatment.
- Your household has high risks of exposing you to drugs and alcohol.
- There are no outpatient facilities in your area.
Coverage DetailsAfter the preliminary conditions are met, UHB will then consider coverage if the program for rehab is an “Active Treatment.” A treatment can be considered active if it has the following:
- Treatment has a definite and substantial diagnosis
- The program’s short and long term goals are outlined
- Your physician has enough evidence to justify rehabilitation as the treatment
United Behavioral Health Drug and Alcohol Coverage Find more on: https://detoxofsouthflorida.com